Happy September! Summer is trickling away, the kiddos are going back to school and thoughts of cooler weather are on all of our minds!
With Fall around the corner, this is the perfect time for some deep cleaning and reorganizing to welcome the new season! Whether its fighting stubborn stains, deep cleaning your home or decluttering your workspace; We always have tricks up our sleeves to make your life just a tad bit easier!
The name of the game this month though is stains… We all hate them but with these 5 helpful tips, you don’t have to hate them as much!
1. Baking Soda- Our friend… Our hero. This is one of our favorites because it works on just about any material/fabric! Did some wine spill on your favorite shirt? Or maybe the kids spilled some sauce on the carpet. Dab it with water, sprinkle a decent layer of baking soda right on the stain and let it sit for about 15 minutes!
2. Salt & Soak- No baking soda? No worries! If there’s a tough stain on your clothes, pour a generous amount of salt over it and let it sit. If there is still some residue, soak it in cold water with a tad of laundry detergent and a sprinkle of salt!
3. Vinegar, Dish Soap and Water- A simple carpet cleaning concoction can be made with some ingredients you might find in your home already! Using 1/4 cup of white vinegar, 1 tbsp of Dawn dish soap and 1 cup of water, you’ll have a great remedy for any tough carpet stains such as coffee, wine or paint! Just spray the affected area liberally and after letting it soak for 5-10 minutes, blot with a dry towel and watch the stain disappear!
4. Laundry Detergent- This one not only thoroughly cleans our clothes in the washer but it can also be used for stubborn carpet stains! We recommend using laundry detergent mixed with a quart of water especially when it is a pet related stain! This effectively removes the stain and also lifts any unwanted odors left behind!
5. Our favorite stain removing products- Here are some effective products you can find at your local department store if you’re not looking for anything homemade: Tide sticks are our go-to! We always keep some laying around in our bags, cars and around the house for any clothes stain emergencies! Our go-to carpet cleaning product is Resolve. It really gets down to the nitty gritty and leaves your carpet like new. OxiClean Max Force Gel Stain Remover is great for pet stains and odor removal. Seventh Generation Laundry Stain Remover can be found on Amazon, is very eco-friendly and works wonders for laundry stains!
We all know accidents happen but when it comes to keeping your carpet clean and stain-free, you might want to try some easy ways to prevent any excess dirt. Such as removing shoes before stepping on the carpet, avoiding having messy foods and drinks in carpeted areas and vacuum regularly. We recommend sprinkling Glade Carpet Refresher powder on your carpeted area for an extra clean smell before vacuuming! But when the inevitable happens and you find yourself needing a deep carpet clean, call us and we’ll get your carpet looking brand new!