Hello guys and gals and Happy Spook-tober! September came and went, fall is officially here and it’s time to get ready for the spookiest day of the year! I don’t know about everyone else but although September 22nd is the official first day of fall, it doesn’t start feeling like a new season until October comes. All the Halloween decor comes out, pumpkin spiced lattes come back to Starbucks and best of all, the new autumn scents start filling all of the shelves again! It’s one of our most favorite times of the year!
We have some tricks AND treats for you all this month on all things fall scents! We love a good candle but when it comes to picking out fragrances for your home, we always recommend using essential oils (if you’re new to our newsletter check out our November blog from last year for all things essential oils!). Below are some of the best fall oils and the amazing benefits they have!
1. Cinnamon Bark- This blend combines 4-5 drops of cinnamon with 1-2 drops of clove and nutmeg. This makes for a perfect pumpkin spice scent and it comes with healing properties to boost your immune system!
2. Orange Ginger- This combination is another great blend to support immunity and overall health and has a nice crisp, spicy smell. Just combine 2 drops of ginger with 5-6 drops of orange!
3. Piney Eucalyptus- This mixture targets respiratory health specifically. This aroma is great to breathe in as it clears everything up. Equal parts of both pine and eucalyptus will do the trick and leave your home with a fresh yet crisp smell!
4. Cozy Cuddles- We made up the name for this blend and if you try it out, you’ll see why we chose the name! Mixing 3-4 drops of cinnamon with 2 drops of orange and juniper each and 1 drop patchouli, you will have such a relaxing, warm aroma fill your home. The healing properties in the orange, mixed with juniper and patchouli which are used for peace and tranquility combined with the spicy cinnamon make this the best fall cozy scent!
5. Holiday Cookie- This blend combines 2 drops of cinnamon, vanilla and orange each. It will make your home smell as if you were baking! The orange adds a bit of healing benefits but this blend is mostly for your nose’s enjoyment!
Amazon is a great place to get all the essential oils you could need but your local department store will have them too! Young Living Essential Oils has some great ones to choose from too! We find it fun to make our own blends and experiment but there are some pre-blended already that would make for a great way to kickstart your fall season.
Don’t forget to show our socials some love and share our posts with your friends! As always, if you need help Keeping it Clean… You know who to call (and it’s not the ghostbusters)! 😉
Until next time, friends! Keep it Clean and keep it spooky!